How can I play movies from my hard drive on my Sharp wall monitor via my Denon receiver?

Marshall Michaelian January 11, 2013

I have no internet access. Just an external IOMEGA HD with external power with lots of movies. How can I play these movies through the Denon Receiver – to take advantage of the sound system – on the Sharp wall monitor?

1. Jan Fritsch

It pretty much depends on your receiver.

If your Denon receiver has a USB host port just look into the manual on how to play files from an external drive. Also make sure that the file system of the drive is supported e.g. FAT32 or NTFS and all the video files and codecs.
    Eventually you may have to backup and reformat your drive or convert videos into a different codec.

There is not much you can do about such limitation other than using a different e.g. a laptop for the playback.

If your Denon receiver doesn't have a USB port or doesn't handle video signals you obviously need another device able to playback the files and make an audio connection to your receiver.

With the limited information given it's hard to give you concrete hints or steps but the general requirement is a device capable to playback the files and provide a video and audio signal. How to hook things up then depends on the interfaces available.

How to Connect a Hard Drive to a Stereo Receiver
    http://www.ehow.com/how_7281788_connect-hard-drive-stereo-receiver.html