How can I play a song on iPad?

November 12, 2013

I created a playlist on iTunes and copied a song from a hard drive in my computer.

I executed “Sync” on iTunes. Then I fired up “Music” on my iPad, but it showed “No Content”. I could play music on my iPhone by following the same procedure.

What am I doing wrong with iPad?

1. Kaz H

My problem has been resolved. I had no problem following the instructions the link provides. Thank you so very much for your help.

thanks for your feedback, glad that helped you, enjoy your media life:)

2. Kaz H

I can not play any music that I assume I imported to iPad2. The player, Since "Music" indicates "No content" thus no music title might not be imported to the iPad. I imported the same music titles to iPhone and could play them. I think I did the same way to import them to the iPad2 but I could be wrong.

I followed the method of importing from the playlist on the iTune. I tried the second method or dragging files directly onto the device(iPad) as is in the link in Hovsep A's post above. I could set the options for "Manually set music and videos" but could not go any further. The problems were the following three steps:

1. Select your device.
    2. Click "On this Device."
    3. Then choose "Add to" in the upper right corner.
    What does "Select your device" mean? Clicking on iPad under Devices?
    I could not find "On this Device" or "Add to" anywhere on iTune.

3. churin

I did import music titiles via iTune to the iPad2. But when fired up Music(app soft on iPad) it indicated "No content". I did the same for iPhone and I could play music on iPhone. I am wondering what I did wrong.

try tu update iTunes to the latest version.

on your ipad2 to you have problematic songs that you cant play them, if yes then remove them and try to sync your playlist again?

check if your songs have cloud option, if yes turn it off.

1. Go into your library and select all songs (click on one and CTRL+A on Windows)
      2. Right click anywhere on the selected songs and click "Convert ID3 Tags"
      3. Select the first check box that says "ID3 Tag Version"
      4. Select any of the options in the drop down box next to it like v1.0. Click ok
      5. Sync playlist

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1535?viewlocale=en_US
    ?You must import songs into iTunes before you can add them to your device.
    ?You can drag media files onto the iPod or iPad in iTunes to add them to the device without adding them to the iTunes library.