How can I move apps and files from my Samsung Note 2 to an SD card?

Leonard M August 13, 2013

What is the best program or app to download, so I can move apps and files from my Samsung Note 2 to an SD card?

GL2SD Thank you very much finally room on galaxy note 2

AppMgr III (App 2 SD) is also a good app and has got 4.4 star ratings reviews.

To move apps and app data from your device to SD, you would have to root your phone first, then create two primary partitions on your SD card (which requires formatting first before partitioning), then use Link2SD (available in the Play Store) to have it moved over to your SD card and the link to the data would be made (telling your device and apps that the data isn't still in the phone storage). APPS2SD allows you to transfer apps to SD as well, and GL2SD moves game data (such as GameLoft, the GL in the app name, game data) to your SD card. Without rooting your phone and creating 2 primary partitions on your SD card, nothing else would work.

Google apparently made the Android system (after Jelly Bean 4.1) so that users cannot move or install apps to the SD card in hopes that phone manufacturers will increase the amount of internal phone storage on newer devices (or rumor has it). I rooted my Note 2, but have not performed the steps above in order to allow moving apps again. Information on how to root the Note 2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2143479