How can I migrate emails from Apple Mail and archives to Microsoft Outlook?

Victor April 26, 2013

I am a part of small business firm. I own a Windows PC and have Outlook as my e-mail client. Recently, all my co-workers also switched to Windows laptop (more comfortable) from MacBook Pro or some one having MacBook Air. So we all are having a huge problems in moving our mails from Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook. Some also need to transfer Apple Mail archives.

I have contacted Apple help desk as well as Microsoft’s, but that was a dead end. I have posted on other forums too querying about this situation, but the solutions provided are using Gmail IMAP, to which I found a lengthy and tiring process. I need a solution that is fast and reliable. As a firm we are also ready to spend few bucks, but not getting the right direction to solve this issue.

Someone suggested of this forum website and I am here looking for answers.
Hoping to get the answer asap.
Thank you.

1. Tony Gump

Try this link : http://applemailtopst.com/

This is a third party tool that transfers apple mail emails to windows outlook, converting them to .pst format, conserving the folder hierarchy and all the contents and attachments if any in the emails.

Hope this will help you.
    Thank you.

• Victor

Though your reply was too late but I used this application much earlier to solve my problem.

Thanks anyways.

2. Tony Gump

You can also use third party tools suggested here for the by others to solve your problem.

A similar issue was addressed in Makeuseof Answers -

How can I export email from OS X Mail to Outlook and vice-versa?

which has shown how to transfer mails back and forth to both email clients(Apple mail to Outlook and vice versa).

If you have a look at Andrew's comment -

...free Email Extractor tool for Mac OS:
    http://www.outlookimport.com/free-email-extractor/
    After that you may use any other tool to import extracted emails to Outlook. Or just open them if your Outlook version is 2007 or 2010. .......

it shows that how can you extract emails from Apple Mail.

[LINKS REMOVED]

4. William

A quick and easy way to do this is with a GMail IMAP account. Just setup the GMail account on the Mac and in Outlook on Windows. Then in Mail (Mac) drag the messages from your account to the GMail IMAP folders (make as many as you need). Now in Outlook drag the messages from the GMail IMAP account into the Outlook folders you want.

5. Tony Gump

If your mail account is configured on both systems as an IMAP account since the mail is on the server, both devices would see the same mail.
    That doesn't apply to your Outlook Contacts or presumably apple Contacts