How can I merge PST files in Outlook 2010?

Lisa Malkin May 22, 2013

I have 50+ PST files and I am using Outlook 2010. I want to make one PST for all my PST files. Is there any way to merge multiple PST files into one.

Editorial note: All commenters recommending tools from K e r n e l R e c o v e r y or S y s T o o l s or similar shareware products will be added to our mod list. Respective comments will be deleted. This is due to a massive influx of spam from these shareware vendors.

1. Peter Strawson

Thank-you Editor for taking a stand against the incredibly sly spamming done by SysTools PST Merge. I looked for such a program and on page after page, usually disguised as a reviewer or helpful blogger, I found the same blah blah blah. What I really wanted was some honest advice - I didn't find it here either, but I did have some faith in humanity restored to me. Kudos! I will bookmark this site. Peter

2. Scott Kupferman

Simply open them both in Outlook and then drag the folders/files you want to merge into one of the open PSTs to merge them. This can take a while for large folders. Once you have done that, close them both. Then, re-open the one that has your files and ensure everything is there. You can then safely delete the .pst that you move the files from.

3. Andrew Walton

Having multiple pst files is very common among users and if you are looking for a utility to merge your all pst's together then it will really helps you working in organized manner.But if you try to merge pst's manually it is going to take long time otherwise you can use Sys2Tools pst merge to make this possible.

ha14 has recommended a better way to merge multiple pst files together.

4. justinpot

I know this isn't what you're looking or, but don't. Just don't. The larger a PST file gets, the more likely it is to corrupt and delete all of your data.

If you really want to, though, the only thing to do is open everything in Outlook then click and drag, as Oron pointed out.

The easiest way to merge .PST files is to attach them (all or a few at a time) to Outlook, then copy the folders from one to the other. Note that although the new format of PSTs (post 2003) supports large sizes, very large PST still slow down the program and the chance of failure grows with the size of the PST, so I would suggest keeping your merged PSTs below, say, 4GB if possible.

If it is an IMAP configguration, then merging will be a problem. Refer to : https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/thread/bb9a2a25-7a98-4765-bd6d-cfd0fcd0f89b

Otherwise use the tool here : http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Merge-Multiple-PST-Files-7cd4ea23 and download systools-pst-merge.exe