Joseph Videtto

How can I make OpenOffice open files in a window with a specific size and location?

02 Feb 2013
Windows
Chrome 24
02 Feb 2013 | Windows | Chrome 24

I have about 6 doc files that I have to often view at the same time, and every time I open each using Open Office, I have to take quite a bit of time positioning them optimally on my monitor.

Is there a way to do this automatically ? – open all 6 files and position them in desired spots on the monitor ?

I’m wondering the different ways to go about this, and the pros and cons of each. I realize there might be a way to do this with 3rd party scripting software, as well as maybe native startup scripts, but not sure exactly how to do this. Just looking for at least a high level overview (especially where to store scripts assuming I save files on USB flash drive and work on different machines).

In fact – if I want to use cloud services, or something OTHER than OpenOffice for my documents, is there an easy way to do this with a cloud-based document program ? – e.g. automatically open 6 documents in separate windows on the PC, and position them optimally for my editing/viewing pleasure ?