How can I make my iPad trust my computer?
Question by Manuth C /

Well, my iPad mini is running iOS 7, and before I used Windows 8 to sync with it. But after I upgraded to 8.1 iTunes no longer shows the iPad icon, and the iPad’s screen keeps asking me if I want to trust the computer whenever it’s connected. What can I do? I’ve already tried reinstalling iTunes.

• Manuth C

Yesterday, I tried to sync over Wi-Fi AND hook to the computer at the same time, now things get back to normal!

• Susendeep D

It seems that Apple has not issued any update or needs to update iTunes so that it could work with it.I also thought previously about it.

So,all you can do is to try using your iPad in another computer system(if you are comfortable) which doesn’t have Windows 8.1 to assure yourself that iTunes needs to be updated.

• Jan F

It sounds like you were prompted to trust the computer and accidentally select not to trust it. In this state it will only charge but not allow any data sync with the computer.

Unfortunately there is no official information how to change this configuration.

Depending on your last backup you might want to enable iCloud backups, have it create a current backup and then try
    Settings > General > Reset Network Settings
    if that doesn’t help
    Settings > General > Reset All Settings

and worst case fully restore the iPad using the backup

• Manuth C

I always choose trust, and it appears in File Explorer, which I can copy photos from camera roll, but it doesn’t show up in iTunes.

• Jan F

Some forum suggest to reselect the correct driver for the “Apple Mobile Device”:
      plug-in your iPad
      open up the Device Manager (Settings > PC Info > Device Manager)
      navigate to “Universal Serial Bus controllers”
      right-click the “Apple Mobile Device USB Driver” and select to “Update Driver Software…”

In the new pop-up window select to “browse my computer for driver software” and then select the folder “C:program filescommon filesAppleMobile Device Supportdrivers”.

If that doesn’t help you might have to wait for an update of iTunes as it’s possible that the W8.1 security blocks the “outdated” drivers from Apple.

• Susendeep D

Try the suggestion listed in the below link which says that if you deauthorize all of your computers and start authorizing one by one,you can get your Apple device to work properly –

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5458314?tstart=0

• Manuth C

I only have one laptop (and no other computer) and tried it already with no success.