How can I make a site that looks similar to MakeUseOf?
Question by garva sharma /

I like MakeUseOf because every article shows beautifully, how is a site like this made?

• Junil Maharjan

learn some basic web designing or you can hire a good web designer. but in both cases you will need some good writers and some technical staffs. these are the people that makes your website great, readable and user friendly. best of luck.

• Muo TechGuy

That’s quite a vague question, but we run on WordPress with a custom made theme. I appreciate the compliment though! There’s many themes out there (for free) for WordPress – start by getting a webhost and installing WordPress. I’ve also written a helpful WordPress beginners guide which covers a lot of basic topics.

• Justin Pot

You should read James’ guide to building a WordPress blog if you really want to learn what powers our site. It’s no secret formula: most of it is built on top of free tools. You can build a site like it if you work hard enough.

• muotechguy

There’s about 7.5% secret formula, too.

• Crazie Flawed Narcissistic-VampDoll

Lol alrighty there PLANKTON…Do u really think they are just gonna GIVE U THE SECRET FORMULA FOR THE CRABBY PATTY??? Thats a Sarah Palin sized Fail whale…smh

i think you are right but i wanna make a great cool site

• Justin Pot

Actually, we’re happy to help people out. MakeUseOf was once a small site, and we want to see other small sites take off because it makes the entire Internet better. This isn’t a zero sum game.