How can I limited the date range in Google Custom Search?

Jayaraj Perumalswamy December 16, 2012

I know Google lets you filter your search by updates in last 24 hours, last week , last month last year etc.

Is there a tool or URL that lets me search result updates within the last 3 months 5 months etc? Any tool with side toolbox that tells what time range you want to search?

I know Google provides a custom date range and stuff.

The challenge I have is I have a custom search engine powered by Google and I want to limit the results from that engine within recent 4 months articles.

Please help. There was a tool in the past that I used having all these filters on L.H.S. and let me custom search on my custom url. that’s not working anymore.

This is the custom URL I am trying to do custom search limiting to recent results

http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=008914552331525954016:d9rf_vyzr18

1. Rohit Jhawer

Search for what you need then on this page you will see an option named search tools click on it, then click on any time, here you will see the option custom range. Just enter the range and your search is filtered.

2. Ahamed Yaseen

Click anytime and select custom range ....

3. Ashwin Ramesh

Once you search for something on Google, click on Search Tools below the search bar. And you have the Any Duration option there. You can give a custom range there.

click on 'search tools' at the top of your search result, then click on 'Any Time'. there you have it.

5. Rob Hindle

The drop down list where you choose last 24 hours/last week/last month, at the bottom is "custom range", lets you specify any date range. Possibly if you try with 2 different date ranges then compare the generated URLs you can work out how to generate your own URL

Alternatively you may be able to program something using the Google search API, the dateRestrict parameter looks promising for your requirement.