sojan thomas

How can I limit bandwidth to a specific PC with my Belkin router?

02 Dec 2012
Windows XP
Firefox 16
02 Dec 2012 | Windows XP | Firefox 16

I am an internet based business man using 2 routers for my computer. One has a built-in Cable modem + router and the other one is my own second Belkin F5D7234-4 router. ( the routers are wireless routers, but I am using a cable connection for the internet)

One connection goes to my computer and the other to my Dad’s PC.  He is 70 years old. But he always stays in front of the computer and watching porn sites ( I know that).

Then my scripts and all other things slow down due to the bandwidth. Shall I partially block his internet connection? My connection speed is 630 kbps ( as per the provider) and downloading speed is 70 kbps. He only needs 20 kbps for Fasebook or gmail.

I connected the cable to the Belkin router because there is only on output socket for the provider’s router.

I can block the IP of his computer via the MAC address filtering. But then he will complain that he can’t get access internet, so it is not a great solution. If he only gets 20 kbps then he will stop his behavior!? I know it is quite funny, but really I have so many headaches for his activities in front of computer.

Belkin didn’t supports firmware flashing ( in this particular model, I try earlier)

Any software for this situation?