How can I learn what is involved, and what to pay a developer, to create a ‘virtual drummer’ for me?

Joseph Videtto January 9, 2013

I’ve got an interesting app that shows drums playing. However, all you can see are the drum sticks hitting the correct drums. What I’d really love is to see a virtual person (as lifelike looking as possible) holding the sticks and hitting the drums with them. Is this considered animation? Especially the difference between a life-like looking drummer based on a real person, vs. an animated looking character like in some video games. I don’t even know the correct terminology for the question. : )

I know this is an extremely complicated project. And. I could never do this myself. But how can I learn what software packages and type of coding would be used to do something like this, so I can speak competently to a developer I’d like to hire to do it – and have an idea of a fair price for such coding?

I think you need to talk to a developer about this. There are lots of softwares and tools used that can vary according to the developer's comfort and technicality involved in the project.

• Joseph Videtto

...thanks Junil - I figured a developer would respond - are you aware of any particular software and tools for this, that I could begin looking into ? thx.

• Junil Maharjan

It also depends upon what mobile OS you want to make it. Android has its own SDK and iOS has their own. these tools and sdks help make apps for their own platforms.