How can I install WhatsApp on HCL ME tablet?
Question by Jessica Wilson /

How can I install WhatsApp on HCL Me tablet?

Browse other questions & answers in the category ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• Joel Thomas

Root your tablet and install google playstore

• Mudassar

following link will help you if you are interested in installation of whatsapp messenger in tablet: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2112011

• prashanth singh rathore

use an sw called BlueStack through this S/w you not only use Whats App but also u can install and play almost all android games like temple run , subway surf etc Enjoy…..!!

• Prashant M

Download and install it directly from google play store

• Chinmay Sarupria

1) Download WhatsApp APK from their official website
    http://www.whatsapp.com/android/current/WhatsApp.apk

2) Transfer it to your tablet.

3) Locate WhatsApp APK and then tap on it.

4) Tap install.

And if installation fails and you see this message “Application not installed”
    then go to this site and download older versions.
    http://www.eapktop.com/tag/whatsapp

• Naveen

Hi, unkown friend.

Really thanks for you.

It really works.

Thanks a lot.

1000 likes for your info :-)

• Abhishek D

This method works perfectly. use voice verification and you are done to use it.

• Maddy

Thank you. This method works brilliantly. Excellent answer.

HCL Me tablet unfortunately does not support Google Play. Check the HCL Market that came pre-configured in the tablet. If present, good, or otherwise download the Whatapps apk files from a third party website and copy it in a folder on the tablet via usb and then enable unknown sources under security and just execute the apk files.

However, one of my friend also has a HCL ME tablet and we enabled Google Play in his tablet. You can also give it a shot as described below:

We have lot of similar low cost Android 4.0 ICS tablets in which the manufacturers do not give access to Google Play. My friend brought one such tablet from HCL (a Indian brand) known as the HCL ME U1 tablet. Yesterday we successfully installed and accessed the android marketplace on it without doing any rooting or custom ROM stuff or anything so the warranty on the device is intact. You can give it a shot. First search Google and download these APK files :
    1. GoogleServicesFramework-signed
    2. OneTimeInitializer-signed
    3. SetupWizard-signed
    4. com.android.vending-3.1.3-signed (For this last one you can try the latest Google Play Store APK file, though I haven’t tried it myself, so not sure if it will work or not, the one suggested here is a old version, which has been tested and tried and works)
    Once you have done that, go to your tablet setting and enable Unknown sources under security. Now tap and install the four APKs mentioned above in the exact sequence mentioned (this is very important and need to be followed). Once you have installed the four APKs, un-tick the Unknown Sources option under security in Settings and then reboot your tablet. The start-up process will take much more time now (in some cases upto 45 minutes) and once it is completed, a small window will come-up with the option of a launcher and setup wizard. First tick the below dialogue which says always use this as default and then select the launcher. Now you should find the android market icon in the app drawer or work-space. Enable your internet connection and tap it. First I will ask you for a Google Account. If you already have a GMail account, select existing or otherwise select new to create one. Once you have finished this step, you should logically have an access to the Google Play Store.
    Kindly give a feedback of how did it go. This at-least worked for my friend’s tablet and he is a very happy man now. :)

The link I referenced alongwith the download link of the APK files will be found here : http://www.computric.com/2012/04/installing-google-play-without-rooting/