How can I install Java apps on an Android phone?
Question by Joseph L /

I want to install java apps on my HTS Desire phone – can it be done?

• John P
    android operating system uses a modified verson of java on top of ots linux kernal,
    you don’t need to install java you need to enable java in your android browser so that you can use it on the internet

to enable java in the browser

2.tap the “menu” icon in the browser’s upper right corner .

3.touch “settings”

4.tap “advanced”

5.tap “enable javascript”

• John P

“For an actual answer to the OP’s question, no Android does not “have” Java. It runs on an underlying Virtual Machine Google named Dalvik, which is similar to Java, but executes code differently.

What this means is Android does not natively run Java code (and barring a major sea change it never will officially. There have been some efforts in the non-official Android dev community to integate true Java into Android).

So if you’re thinking can I drop my Java games on there and will they work, the answer is no. The same is true for websites that use Java code, they will not run on Android browser. There is a lot of marketing form Android-equipped device manufacturers about providing a “full” web experience because of Android’s Flash support, but that ignores the Java issue. IMO until these mobile OS’es can support the full web as-is no code changes, no need to re-jigger the content to the platform by the content providers, they can never be computer replacements.

BTW, there is a tool from Google which lets you recompile Java code into Dalvik friendly files. I used it to get a Java chat client running on an Android phone.”

• Justin P

It’s almost always better to find an equviiant Android app, but if you really want to try this out I’d recommend looking here:

You’ll find a link to the developer thread, where you’ll be able to download a version of Java you can install under Android. Good luck!

• Susendeep D

Visit the link below to know how to run java apps on Android phone –

• Chinmay S

Android has been developed from Java only.