How can I install an older versions of the Facebook messenger .apk?

Drsunil V August 12, 2013

How can I install an older versions of the Facebook messenger .apk? I want to installĀ one version older than the current version as of 11th August 2013

Sunil,

Kindly mark your question as resolved if you found any best comment for your question.

If possible,try looking into Settings -->Applications -->Facebook and check whether there's uninstall updates button.You will have to make sure that the app doesn't auto updates by going to Play store app's settings,making the updates manually.

You can get older versions of apps from Android drawer site.Visit the link below to get older as well as latest version of facebook -

http://www.androiddrawer.com/11498/download-facebook-3-5-app-apk/#.Ug-PHm3KVBY

• Drsunil V

Thank you

Very correct - the point you mentioned about uninstalling updates

and also the webpage for older versions

3. Lye Foo

Do online search, there are a lot of websites hosting (old) apk to download off. Not sure if they are legal though ... haha.

• Drsunil V

Thanks for reply

Pl note , that q is asked here to receive relevant search results from millions for keyword

• Lye F

Understood, but websites like androiddrawer.com etc., I am not sure if it is legal to be shared here in the first place ... not sure about makeuseof.com policy.

• Drsunil V

I understand!

facebook old versions
    http://www.androiddrawer.com/7227/download-facebook-1-9-12-app-apk/#.UgiQiOROK70

perhaps it will not work if you open facebook at least for some old versions of facebook?

also you should prevent automatic update.

if facebook comes with the phone (inbuilt) then maybe you need to root then uninstall. You can try go to settings-application-uninstall

• Drsunil V

Pl tell how to check files for not being bundled with malware before downloading?

There are different repositories you can search online for that would have older versions of Android apps. If you choose this route, then make sure that you find one with the MD5 checksum so you can be sure it is legit. I'm not sure the legality of this, but I can say there is an "app" and "drawer" you can check out, and it would would be at ".com".