How can I install Adobe Flash Player on my ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T tablet?

Edward High II May 15, 2013

I have an ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T tablet and whenever I try to run a flash video, I receive a message stating Adobe Flash Player is not installed. I’ve downloaded the Android Flash Player from the Adobe archives site, however, when I try to install it on my tablet, I receive the “Install denied” error message. I’ve also tried to copy the APK directly to the system/app directory, however, I do not have the permissions to copy to that directory. Does the Adobe Flash Player work on this tablet and if so, how can I get the Flash Player APK installed on my device?

1. Michele

Adobe Flash Player won't download for use in Chrome, but works fine in Firefox - odd.

• DalSan M

Google built Chrome Mobile knowing that Adobe was ending support for Flash, so they omitted support for it. HTML5 is the newer standard, so it supports HTML5 instead. Many newer versions of stock Android browser are based off of Chrome Mobile as well, so other browsers must be used. Most other browsers were out while official support was still available for Flash, so they keep the support for Flash for now, but Chrome Mobile came out during the end of Flash support. Maxthon, Firefox, Opera, Lightning, etc. are browsers that still support flash for mobile.

• DalSan M

Forgot to mention that if you are speaking of the desktop computer version of Chrome, then Flash is already a part of Chrome (built-in). In order to install flash, you have to disable the built-in flash so you can install and use the downloaded version. Most times disabling the built-in flash is not necessary.

Also in the Tablet settings go to security and enable unknown sources otherwise APKs downloaded and copied cannot get executed. After it is installed then again go back and untick the security option. Besides if your Android is ICS 4.0.4 and above, flash will not install. Only if the Android is lower version, you have hope.

• DalSan M

Actually, you reminded me that I didn't have Adobe Flash Player installed on my Galaxy Note 2 running 4.1.2. I have just downloaded Flash Player from the link I provided and installed Flash without any issues, and it works fine. It may not work on the stock internet browser because the newer versions are based off of Chrome, but Firefox, Maxthon, and other browsers have no trouble using it. Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks a ton for the info and getting me corrected. Always can learn, it is a never ending process. :)

3. DalSan M

Try to download Adobe Flash from another site and see if it will install. Sometimes devices are picky on the apk files you download and install. Try from here: https://hotfile.com/dl/198950075/4aed501/Adobe_Flash_Player_11.1.apk.html