How can I increase my mobile data upload speed?
Question by Pramod Patil /

I m using the Ideanet Setter E1550 with the Airtel 2G sim my download speed is up to 2 mbps but upload speed is very less (1.20 kbps). So how can I increase my upload speed?

• Arup Ghosh

This is a ISP problem and they will fix it automatically other wise contact ISP care. As far I know it is impossible to get 2mbps speed in a 2G sim as they are limited to 256kbps only.

• Jesse Manalansan

1.2kbps upload speed is very slow.
    Can you post up your speedtest.net results here?

• Josh Bane

Check out this article
    http://www.bane-tech.com/slow-data-speeds-try-this/

It uses iOS but if relevant to all platforms

• Oron Joffe

As others have pointed out, something doesn’t add up here.
    The theoretical maximum speed for 2G is 384kbps, so there’s no way you could be getting 2mpbs on a 2G connection.
    At the same time, 1.2kbps is *extremely* slow even by 2G standards. Could you check your facts and figures and get back to us again?

Idea NetSetter ‘Huawei E1550′. maximum speed of 3.6 Mbps which means 330 KB/Sec of download speed. Max Upload 0.384Mbps

• Junil Maharjan

The download and update speed depends on your service provider. you cannot exceed the limitation they have put you on. you can call them for more info on this.

• Imesh Chandrasiri

switch from 2G to 3G. it might help you to increase both down rate & up rate!

• Ramandeep Singh

That’ll make internet too expensive for him. btw I’m not the one who voted you down. :)

• Imesh Chandrasiri

yeah that’ll make the internet rates go high for him. but also he hasn’t mentioned anything about how much he’s going to pay for the service. Yeah I don’t mind anyone voting my answers down. Although I should say for the person who voted me down, please be kind enough to leave a reason for voting me down as a reply!

Why has he been voted down? He has not advised anything wrong here and neither has spammed. It is a bit unfair. Also the 3G data pack pricing has dropped drastically in India. Aircel gives unlimited datapack, where once you finish the data usage, you still can brorse at 128kbps for the rest of the validity period. Pretty neat and the pricing also seems logical for the unlimited plan. http://www.aircel.com/AircelWar/appmanager/aircel/kolkata?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=P2160076281304577187417

Imesh, I voted you up as you are logically right. :) Actually as pinted out by lot of people, the question itself doesn’t add up of getting 2Mbps on a 2G.

• Dimal Chandrasiri

yeah I know Rajaa.. :) The maximum amount of downrate is around 144kbps on 2G. maybe this person is on a 3G network who doesn’t know that he’s on a 3G network. I live in Sri Lanka and Airtel ( a subsidiary of Aircel I guess ) give good rates for 3G data transfer. It’s not that much of high compared to other networks. He might be having issues with the configuration settings on the device he use to connect to the network.

PS : I don’t think that there are only 2G devices in the present market. Even the crappy Chinese mobiles come with 3G capability now!

And Thanks for voting me down! :)

• Dimal Chandrasiri

sorry voting me up Rajaa! :)

No, Airtel and Aircel are different companies all together. :) Airtel is purely an Indian company of the Bharti Group headed by Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal. Airtel, I guess from day one had a 3G network in Sri Lanka and introduced it before it did in India. :) So, you guys are lucky. Airtel had a 2G network in India initially and slowly introduced 3G in a phased manner. Last year it introduced 4G in a few areas in Kolkata and Bangalore, and my residence falls in one of these areas in Kolkata. So, I am one of the lucky few to get a 4G service and among one of the firsts in India. But to be honest, the acceptance of 4G has been really slow due to pricing and coverage area.

Aircel is a MNC, with presence in lot of countries and telecom companies. For example, Dubai Telecom is an Aircel company with around 60% holding (maybe the %age may differ, as am not too sure).

1st thing in 2g connection there are no way to get 2mbps speed really i am tell you one think airtel not recover its bandwith problem so you can do only one thing hard reset your phone so the catches and cookies clean properly

you are getting a download speed of 2Mbps on 2G sim? That is impressive. Why don’t you try a 3G sim and data pack and see if there is any difference then? I use Aircel 3G datacard and get very impressive download and upload speeds.