How can I import my Outlook contacts from another computer?

Rob McCutcheon November 17, 2012

I transferred my files from my old computer to the new one. For some reason the contact file from my Outlook program came over as an xps file. I tried to import this into my new contact file on Windows Live Mail, but it doesn’t recognize it.

Is there a way to convert the xps file into a format that Windows Live Mail will recognize and thus enable it to be imported to the contact file?

Hello, you could use the export command in outlook to make a backup of contacts. Only thing is you have to make sure to save it to a different formant than the one you used. You could select text, cvs, pst, etc. What works most time is pst.

2. mangesh kharche
  3. Neil Espinosa

In your outlook contacts, go to file > import & export > export it to a csv file then save to your preferred folder. Then import it to your other pc.

4. softwaredemons

You can export contacts from outlook to csv format and then import csv to windows live mail
    Convert that xps file to csv with the help of and then import it to windows live mail.

5. Callum Cockburn

If you have a online email account, just login and it should update your contacts

6. Lisa Santika Onggrid

If you export correctly it shouldn't be in XPS. Try exporting them again to CSV which can be used throughout various softwares.

7. kumar raja
  8. kumar raja

change to csv it is very easy and about xps i dont know

9. Aswin Kumar K P

You can copy it using .vcf format.

10. Rakesh Mishra

Try it to change extension .xls or open .xps file in excel sheet and make sure you save it with .xls.

12. Boni Oloff

I think you should try to export it with different format, because xps is not contact file.

1) XPS2PDF - Convert your XPS files to PDF online
    2) PDF to Excel
    convert it from PDF to XLS. Then use Excel to go from XLS to CSV.
    3) Import, export, or change the format for contacts