How can I Import LastPass passwords to Chrome’s default password manager?
Question by Jaxx D /

I am using LastPass for quite some time. But now I want all my passwords stored on the Google Chrome’s default password manager.
I tried exporting it to Firefox and then importing from firefox to chrome, it didn’t work.
I tried syncing my passwords to xmarks and then downloading the passwords to chrome which didn’t work either.

Is there any way in which I can export passwords from lastpass and import it to chrome default password manager???

• Doug Reynolds

I kinda agree with the fact I am to cheap and just want easy way to have my passwords sync from chrome on computer to android.

• Jaxx D

No problem @justinpot

@UtahOSB I’m just too much of a cheapo to pay even $12 for a Lastpass subscription to use it across multiple devices.
    I’d rather have chrome sync my passwords across my devices. That is why I want to import all my passwords to chrome.

• UtahOSB

The bigger question is why would you do this over just installed the Chrome extension and letting LastPass do the work? Remember the best thing about LastPass is the double blind encryption and you likely remove that when you export and import those passwords into Chrome directly. You would also lose the ability to let LastPass create complex passwords for you and automatically saving them. I would suggest you keep LastPass and dump any and all other password storing vehicles.

• justinpot

The trouble is all of these systems are designed to keep your passwords secure – a good thing. They are designed to make it hard for someone to grab all of your passwords at once – a good thing. I understand that storing your passwords in Chrome is convenient, but I think there are security considerations to think of here – anyone with access to Chrome has access to all of your accounts, for one thing. Anyway, sorry I’m not helpful, but I think there are reasons this is hard to do.

• Jaxx D

@Alan the NIRsoft utility only allows exporting of passwords to a csv file
    @ha14 I have already tried Firefox to chrome and it isn’t working.

• Alan Wade

First and formost, I havnt tried this so I dont know just how succesful it is but
    from what I have read you can export your Lasspass passwords to a csv file then import them into Chrome with this tool: