How can I host my website with one provider and use another for domain and email auto responder?

Muhammad Faisal Wahab Khan December 13, 2012

I have a problem setting up my website. I have registered on both 000webhost.com and cydots.com.

Now here’s the thing: I want to use 000webhost.com as my web hosting provider, but I want to use cydots.com for domain and email auto responder. So how do I configure their DNS settings? Please help.

1. Rob Hindle

You need the domain name to be serviced by a nameserver where you have access to the DNS settings. That may or may not be where the web site and/or email addresses are located. Once you have full DNS control you can set the destination servers for Web and MX (email) services.

However DNS can get complicated and you need to be aware that if you get it wrong things won't work.

2. Âdil Farôôq

You can do that by forwarding you DNS.

3. Roomy Naqvy

Of course, you can do that

I don't see any problem here. I have been doing pretty much what you have been doing. did you forward your domain name server?

5. Roshin idi

Since cydots.com is free I doubt that they will allow you change hosting. But if you could on cydots.com you would see Domain Name Server or DSN option change them to NS01.000WEBHOST.COM and NS02.000WEBHOST.COM. Then in 000WEBHOST.COM create a new site with the domain of the the one you want.