How can I hide my Facebook newsfeed from people who don’t visit my profile page?
Question by Mona Youssef /

How do I hide my newsfeed from being sent to everyone and only visible if they visit my profile page? I post a lot and I don’t want to bother anyone unless they’re interested in looking it up themselves.

• Tuesday Peacock

you can put them in your restricted list and then share your post with some sort of privacy so that they can’t get your updates if you’re “sure” that they don’t visit your profile and are not interested in your posts.But,here,the problem is that facebook doesn’t let us know who’ve visited our profile(Timeline).Please check this link:
    So,if we can’t know who visited our profile.whom will we put in our restricted list?
    Sorry,I think that’s no way to solve your problem….

• Robert

I was under the impression that I had mine set up for a custom feed. Maybe that changed with Timeline ‘cos I no longer see the place under privacy settings where you can edit who sees your posts… Now it appears you have to do it along with each post.

• Manide

Hi Mona,

Try to disable Subscribe function on your personal page – Account settings>Subscribers>uncheck “Allow Subscribers” so nobody can subscribe to your posts. Now, everyone who want to see them has to visit your page, Timeline section.

• fitlife Nfitness

never heard of someone doing this but i dont think it can be done

• thejay_0

Post instructions in a status or photo:
    about how to get less or zero updates from particular friends.
    acquaintance list or selective update types or by totally unsubscribing.

So, those who are not interested in your updates will follow your instructions and unsubscribe.

2nd option : start a close group, post rapid updates there, and let those friends voluntary join the group, who r interested in what you post.

• Ravi Meena

you can ask other people who get bothered by your posts to simply unsubscribe from your posts, that way they will still be your friends, but they will not receive your posts on their news-feed. when they come on your profile page they can still see every post you have made.

• venkatp16

while posting itself you can select the groups ” public, Friends, custom” .. better you can group all your FB contacts into groups like personal, public, friends, close friends etc etc….

Click on “custom” option next to “Post” button

• Jamie VanRaalte

I agree with Roshin – I don’t see how this is currently possible.

• Roshin idi

That is not possible since Facebook does not allow the tracking of the people who visit a specific profile.