How can I get Windows XP SP3 to recognize my Android phone?

Karen Cupp April 9, 2013

Is there a fix for active sync issues with Windows XP SP3? I can’t get the computer to recognize my Android phone via USB.

1. Rajesh S

just update te drivers first try software like Drivermax it will help then try..

Firstly,which phone (with its model) are you using ?

Secondly,did you tried connecting your phone via PC suite software i.e. installing the PC suite software on XP PC and then opening it to allow it to detect the connected phone ?
    While PC suite is installing,it also installed required drivers for phone to get connected to PC.

You can also use Snappea to transfer files between Android phone and PC.Check the instructions on how to use it in the link below -

http://www.howtogeek.com/135836/how-to-manage-your-android-device-from-windows-with-snappea/

3. somu1795

check that you have proper drivers installed
    or install your manufacturer software

4. DalSan M

Which phone and Android version are you using? Do you have USB debugging mode on or off? Does your phone screen have the USB to PC connection screen when connected? There are several possibilities for your issue. If your phone isn't allowing a connection to your computer, then your computer cannot download the drivers for your phone. If it is a Samsung phone, then Samsung has a PC Suite and Kies software which will install the drivers and extra software, but there are people that extracted just the drivers so that the rest of the software won't be installed. Knowing your phone model would help in finding just the drivers necessary so you can manually install them.

5. a1ch3

Go to your manufacturers website and download, or search the web for: androind manager win xp / android sync utility / andorid phone suite

6. Vice V

Go to your phone's manufacturers website and download, or search the web for: android sync utility / phone suite / android manager

7. Chris Marcoe

Are all the right drivers installed? That would be the first place I looked. Or you could sync your phone so all the photos download to Dropbox. Sync the 2 vicariously, through that.