How can I get Toshiba to stop blocking my Windows product key? Neither company will help!

Greg Lestik March 14, 2013

I recently did a clean reinstall of Windows 7 Home Premium. I tried to activate it using the same product key, but that code is blocked by Toshiba. I contacted Toshiba, and they say they cannot help because the problem is with a Microsoft product (Windows), but Microsoft says they cannot help because Toshiba is the one blocking it.

What can I do to resolve this?

Hello, the license included with your system can only be used when you use the recovery partition to recover/reinstall your system if you have a OEM license. If you did a clean install using a separate media even if it is for same version, that key will not work.

As explain by somebody else, if you use the recovery option, that license key would work.

2. Paul Pruitt

Call back either or both companies explain the problem and ask to be escalated to a second level technician or if they refuse, ask to speak to the reps supervisor.

3. Joel Thomas

1. Download 7Loader activator here and extract it using the compression tool to your computer desktop.

2. Uninstall any other Windows 7 loaders/activators in your PC (if any)

3. Right-click on the 7Loader Release 5.exe file and click on Run as administrator.

4. Click the Select Task drop-down menu. You will see the image Shown in the Cover image above.

5. Choose a brand name that you want your computer to show. Example: Asus, Acer, Dell, NEC, etc.

6. Then click on Activate slic present button and wait (be patient while it works) then another window will pop-up, just choose anything.

7. Afterward click Install information 32Bit button or Install information 64Bit button depending on your version of Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit).

8. Now click the Hazar option 2 button and wait until 2 minutes to finished.

9. Once completed, restart the PC.

http://depositfiles.com/files/ayt497fft

download and enjoy dont forget to like
    ...

did you use the windows cd provided by Toshiba?
    there should be also recovery partition in Toshiba laptop to do factory reset, in this case windows will be automatically activated.

• Greg Lestik

How would I access the recovery partition in the laptop for the factory reset?

1. Restart the computer and repeatedly tap the F8 key (it can be different F key for you!) until you see the Advanced Boot Option Screen.
      2 . Select Repair Your Computer and hit Enter.
      3 . Select your country >> OK.
      4 . On the System Recovery Options Screen select Restore Application.
      5. Follow the on-screen instructions, select on "Full Factory Recovery"

You need to talk to Toshiba. If Microsoft say Toshiba is blocking the key, have they told Microsoft that your key is invalid?

Its Microsoft who activate your Windows not Toshiba so logically I would talk to Toshiba again and tell them the full story especially the bit where MS states that Toshiba has put a block on your key.

6. Aleksi Kontkanen

If you installed retail version of windows it doesn't work with product key for OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer in this case Toshiba) version which was installed previously. You need to find OEM version of windows 7 pro/home etc.

• Greg Lestik

where would I find an OEM version

• Emily

I'm having the same problem EXCEPT I made no changes to my laptop. The message about an invalid version of Windows 7 popped up after a Windows update. Microsoft said they can't fix it because it's an OEM licence and Toshiba won't fix it without charging me since my laptop is out of warranty. As far as I'm concerned it's their responsibility to fix it at no charge. I got all the way to a Toshiba Case Manager with no luck. Would not recommend buying a Toshiba product to anyone!