How can I get the webcam on my Toshiba Satellite L635 to work?

September 4, 2013

The webcam on my Toshiba Satellite L635 does not work. I went to camroid and tried taking a snapshot and all I got was a blank screen. I can’t find the built-in webcam on the operating system. What should I do?

Try the steps mentioned below to see any improvements -

Update webcam driver to latest version.

or try to disassemble your laptop and check for loose connection of webcam as suggested by Toshiba forum user -

rajaguptah -

" I was able to resolve this issue today on my Satellite L675D-S7052. I found the connector at the web camera disconnected. This connection does not look very robust. It appears that dropping or bumping the display could dislodge the connector.

You can access this connector by removing the screws around the screen bezel. With the laptop open and facing you, remove the rubber spacers at the top corners of the display and the thin rubber covers over the 3 screws between the two corners. Then you will see stainless steel screws that hold the bezel to the display rear cover. The two bottom screws are difficult to access and you really don't need them to check this connector.

Carefully pry open the bezel from the rear cover (1 cm is probably enough room) look at the connector and check that it is firmly engaged to the header on the camera assembly. Use small pliers or tweezers to snap the connector into the header if necessary.

I hope this helps someone else in the future. "

check in BIOS for option to either enable or disable the webcam
    Besides the Toshiba webcam application, do you have any other applications that use the webcam, like Skype