How can I get rid of pop-up ads in my Blogger blog?

Bratu Bogdan December 30, 2012

I have a problem, I have pop up ads in my blogger blog that I think come from the blog’s template. Can anyone help me with this problem? It doesn’t show only one, but quite a few pop up ads appear and to some of my users the ads block the PC.

So if anyone could take a look, the blog address is filmetitrate.net Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

use an ad blocker on another pc then open your blog see what is coming out and perhaps you can identify from where

2. Muo TechGuy

Change your template immediately - you're serving malware from a random russian site. IF you really want to use the template, remove all references to cinemarx.ro/trailere/embed/rxt.js , but I can't guarantee that will work and may break other stuff on the template.

• bobybratu

are you saying that the popups come from there? as i think u have seen my site is aboout online movies...and the cinemarx.ro/trailere/embed/rxt.js are just from where i get trailers...i dont think that is the problem...could it be the ads the i use on my site...they are from dexplatform.com.... thank you for your time...

3. Justin Pot

I don't get any popups when I visit (Mac, Chrome). Are you sure the problem isn't malware on your end, or have readers complained?

Justin,

Neither did I also find so you maybe logically correct in suggesting a malware issue. In that case I would suggest the following to be done :

First thoroughly check your computer for spyware/adware/malware and clean them first. Lot of good free software are available for that. I would recommend Malwarebytes Anti-malware free version, I use them myself.
      Once you have done that, check your computer for viruses and clean them. Again lot of free good options available. Avast, AVG, Microsoft security essentials etc. After you have cleaned your computer thoroughly, install an anti-virus software.
      Your browser may also be hijacked. So check that and clean those references with a browser anti-hijack software. again lot of freeware available.
      Once everything is clean, install a firewall also along-with an antivirus already suggested. You can give Comodo Firewall FREE. It is a good software.
      After you have done all the steps and ensured that your computer is clean, you can always turn on the pop-up blocker in your browser. Almost all modern browser has popup blocker feature built-in.

• Muo TechGuy

I got a ton, and it crashed my browser. Given that they all come from Russian domains, it safe to say they're all malware. Lucky I use a Mac.

• bobybratu

the pop ads dont alwasys show....i have ads from dexplatform.com on the site and i think the popups come from them...they dont appear neccesary the first time when u visit the site...but when they do they pop like 8-10 new windows and this stuff blocks some of my users pc...

In the blog dashboard besides the name of the blog, you will find the second icon with a list down. Click on the list-down and go to settings page of the blog to customize all settings of your blog.