How can I get my old Hotmail account back?
Question by Phil Denley /

I have been upgraded to an Outlook account and I want my old Hotmail account back please.

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , , , , ; or ask your own question.

• Brett

I still use an older Hotmail Seven app (version 7.8.2.8.46.6837) and it works fine. No forced update to Outlook and notifications etc work fine.

• Shamsharizat Shamsudin

I also have the same problem. Microsoft says that my account can’t be use with Outlook.com since it’s an old account. I am so worried that I can’t get access to it anymore. Hope someone can help me out. Thank you.

• sahro

This Outlook is clumsy, ugly, dumbed down to the point parts do not work well. I just want to have my old hotmail. this is better compare to outlook. I don’t know why they removed swich part.means if someone doesn’t like outlook,they can’t go back hotmail. I just wanna have hotmail not this ugly one.

The moderators of Hotmail support site has been telling users that there is no way to go back.

• James Hovey

i would very much like to retrieve my old hotmail account . at present my account is
    outlook , just changed over a few days ago , much prefer my other hotmail acount
    tks

Microsoft recently started upgrading users to Outlook in phase wise manner.So,you can’t get back to Hotmail.

• Ojongobi Daniel Ncha

My Account is block for monre than one month now I can’t access my mails why.

• idriz peca

i need new security code plz

• Avril Ashdown

i HAVE BEEN TRYING TO RETRIEVE ALL MY EMAILS AND CONTACTS FOR THE PAST WEEK BUT MICROSOFT WILL NOT LET ME ACCESS THEM AT ALL AND ARE TELLING ME MY OLD HOTMAIL EMAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD ARE NOT VALID. MY EMAILS I NEED TO OPEN AS THERE IS SOME VERY URGENT MEDICAL DETAILS ON THERE AND ALSO THEY HAVE TAKEN AWAY ALL MY CONTACTS. I THINK THIS IS TERRIBLE AND YOU SHOULD STILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS ALL YOUIR PERSONAL DETAILS ETC. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE AS TO WHAT I CAN DO ,,,,HELP

• samer

i forgot the secret question too

• samer

i cant access my hotmail account its been hacked or blocked and its very important to get it back please help

• Jordyn Bushaw

Actually, go to outlook.com and sign in, then at the top of the page click the gear and select “switch back to hotmail”