How can I get my music downloads to complete?

Anonymous November 25, 2013

When I am downloading music, it comes up download interrupted. I click resume and all is well for about 5 second when it says download complete. This is too short of a time for the whole file to download. When I play the music it plays for about 10 secs and then it stops. Someone please help.

1. Alan W

Things to try:
    First thing (taken from Win7 Forums)
    Click the Start button on theTaskbar,
    Click on Control panel,
    Click on Internet options,
    Go to the Advanced section,
    Click on Reset button on the bottom,
    Check the box to Delete personalsettings,
    Use the recommended setup andinstall options.
    Shut down your machine.
    After Resetting 10,
    Open ie when prompted that there areAdd-ons ready to be Enabled click on No,
    Test with the sites your havingissues with first before enabling any add-ons.
    If that dosnt cure the problem then:

1) Download another browser - FireFox, Chrome, Opera etc and try a download using that browser.
    or
    2) There are many download managers about free and paid for, try with that.

2. Alan W

As the others have asked, what method are you using to download, is it through your browser or a download manager?

• Stewart

No just the browser

3. Alan W

Is it just music you have a problem with when downloading?

• stewart

no all my downloads interrupt. I click retry it starts then finishes within ten second.

well if they are drm protected then perhaps you are not allowed to download.

• Bruce E

DRM protection would not stop someone from downloading music, just playing it unless they are attempting to download it using a DRM-aware player.

true but perhaps the download method used is not the genuine one from the store and thus perhaps it gets detected and stopped?

Can you give us more details? Where are you downloading the music from? Are you downloading through your web browser (IE 10, presumably?), using a download manager, via a torrent or in some other way? Is it only music files that you are having a difficulty with, or other large files? Also, what kind of internet connection do you have - broadband, 3G, something else?

Are you using some download manager or something download addon(plugin) ?

If yes,then try downloading without it.It happens in some cases with me and the best way is to use browser's native download manager.

If this is not the case,i.e. you are facing the problem using browser's download manger,then try using other browser like Firefox.

If you are not comfortable using another browser,then you can try resetting Internet Explorer(IE).