How can I get my jailbroken iPod to quit going into recovery mode every time it locks?

Kelsey Jones November 27, 2012

I jailbroke my iPod Touch 4G today, and it worked perfectly, except for one thing. Everytime I lock the device, the screen goes black, and it won’t do anything. When I plug it into my computer, iTunes says it’s in recovery mode and I need to restore it. What can I do to fix this, and what can I do to keep it from happening again? (Side note: My home button is broken.)

1. Tarek Deeb

Sounds to me like a faulty tweak. If you can't access your iPod anymore, get iFunBox, get acquainted with it and delete tweaks you don't use, and try to remember which tweak you downloaded before all this started to happen and delete it. If you don't want to fix the home button by yourself, and you still have your warranty, restore via iTunes and send it to a Genius Bar to get it fixed. (jailbreaking voids the warranty)

2. Dillon gregory

Umm well if it is jail broken, just go to the program in which you jail broke the iPhone search for select an iswp ( then find your iswp you downloaded or made) then on the previous options find just boot.alternatively you could get justbooty. And if all else fails just go to the apple website and search(through google) iPhone iswp, then after that is finished downloading.. Go to iTunes click on your iPhone, then click&hold Ctrl on your keyboard and then with your mouse click restore .. Then find your iswp file where ever you placed or the backup iswp you should of made when recommended by iTunes.. :) should fix your issue

if it is linked to hardware problem then perhaps software will not help much.
    try to re-jailbreak again or find in cydia which soft is causing this problem.

If you are comfortable with fixing the button yourself,then try the tutorial present in the link below -

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+iPod+Touch+4th+Generation+Home+Button+Controller/3615/1

If not comfortable,then try the link below -

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/iphone-home-button-working-fix/

Get your home button fixed.

6. Duy Nguyen Minh

I dont used Ipod. I cant help you.