How can I get a freshly installed Skype to work?

Beat Baron Ed January 9, 2013

I have installed Skype on my new PC (Windows 7) and when I launch it, a large blue circle appears in the middle of the window and just keeps rotating (similar to when your computer is “thinking”). No operations are possible. Thanks for any help you can provide.

1. Luis Gorospe

Or maybe you have internet connection problem

2. Tech Nech

Here is what you do:
    1. Uninstall Skype
    2. Delete its registries using C cleaner, regedit etc
    3. Download the latest version and install

And yes always make sure you have your .net framework and visual c++ updated.

3. salim benhouhou

try downloading the latest version from trusted websites such as :
    http://www.skype.com
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_skype/

4. Ahmed Musani

uninistall using iobit uninstaller and then perform a powerful scan so it will clear all the data in the hard drive relating that software as well as registry entries. then reinstall.

5. Lisa Santika Onggrid

I did fresh Skype install yesterday but it went just fine and once it's finished I can access my account. Redownload from the official site.

6. Steve

Create an account if you haven't, rest it should work properly, if not what you can do is to uinstall Skype and then Re-install it.

7. Keven Tao

Well, go to your computer's controll pannel and go to devices. Remove Skype form your computer and re download it.

8. Micheal

first off all, try to download the latest version from the official site. i know there are many other sites provide skype downloading. then install it. and get an account. and i am sure you can make it work after you do all the things above.

9. Silhoutte James

I got windows 7 and I used to use skype a lot on windows XP but now its taking? an abnormally long time to install and im afraid that it wont.

This Video might help you:-
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jsW8MySSwU

uninstall skype then reinstall it again.

It's best to reinstall in case it's just an issues with a broken installation. If it still doesn't work then come back and post it again.

cleared all history and cookies from Firefox

run a scan with CCleaner

13. Newell Fisk

That's never happend to me, try re-installing it, do you already have skype account???

14. Nirdesh Naagar

try reinstalling it..and have u downloaded the latest version?