How can I forward emails as a PDF?

Estefanía A May 22, 2013

Hi there,

Im trying to automate some tasks this year, and one of them is to forward emails as a PDF. I haven’t been able to find a solution yet, do you have any thoughts about how to achieve this?

1. Nancy Messieh

How are you checking your email? Are you using a web-based option like Gmail or are you using a desktop client like Outlook?

2. Estef A

Hi, that is exactly what i want: a feature where if i click «forward», the previous mail will appear as pdf attachment. That's why i was asking about a pludgin or similar. I know pdf printer s but if that would be useful and not a time waste,i would not be here asking about this...
    Thanks ha14 for the idea, i will try it and let you now soon :)

I still dont get it????? If you send an email then its an email. You cannot send an email which will suddenly turn into a pdf file. The only way I can see, and you are still not clear in what exactly you want to achieve, is to open an email then copy it into word or something similar and convert that to a pdf and attach it to the email you want to send out. All in all it is easier just to forward the email!

4. Rob H

Not altogether clear what you are asking for. One suggestion that MIGHT help is to add a PDF printer to your list of installed printers e.g. CutePDF Writer (free).
    Print the email and choose PDF writer as the printer so you end up with the email as a PDF file to do whatever you want with...

5. Estefanía Andón

Hi, thanks for the link, but i wanted something free and thats too much big program for me.
    I thought about some gmail/email pludgin or an ifttt or something that would let you send an email as pdf. But couldnt find. I´ll keep this question as open a few days before give up.
    Thanks guys for your messages :)

6. Rob Hindle

It would be useful if you were to explain the requirement a bit better. So here's an answer that MAY help, depending on just what you have in mind...

Add a print driver to your PC that allows you to set PDF as the destination "printer" - a free example is Cute PDF Writer http://www.cutepdf.com/ (And I can personally recommend the commercial version cutePDF Pro)

So use the email Print command to print the email selecting the PDF writer as "printer" so it produces a PDF document. Then do what you want with the resulting file.

• Natalie

I sent an email from windows to someone they could not read it and asked if I could send tt in PDF form how can I do that?

Can you explain in more detail what you are trying to achieve? It's easy enough to convert emails to PDF (by "printing" them and using a PDF driver). In what way exactly do you want to automate this?

you mean to forward pdf attachments?

No, I guess if he forwards an email, it should not get as a inline format but as a pdf attachment.

PDF attachment are simple standard feature of all email services, so I do not think she is asking that.

I am not aware of such solution, probably this is your call now ha14. :D

9. bryangamblin