How can I fix problems after refreshing my Sony Vaio PC?

September 21, 2013

Problem after refreshing PC (windows 8)
(1) I can’t install .exe files that are wiped out on my desktop
(2) I can’t access some of the pre-installed apps
(3) My desktop wallpaper doesn’t change – only black solid background appears
(4) I can’t find Vaio Recovery Center anymore
(5) Is it better to just Restore to factory settings?

Certainly restoring factory settings should sort it, but remember to back up all your data and settings!

If you're reluctant to take this drastic step (a lot of work, you'll need to back up your data and settings, restore them, reinstall any applications and all the applications you've installed since buying the computer), then please get back to us and clarify these points:
    1. What do you mean by "refreshing PC"? How did you "refresh" it?
    2. In what way can you not install applications? Do you get error messages? Do the installers simply refuse to run? Somthing else?

Good luck!

If your Vaio has separate recovery partition,then try restoring data from that partition.If it's not there,then perform factory reset as nothing is accessible and working after refresh.

During refresh,only modern apps are re-downloaded and important data are restored.Might be Microsoft has missed those which you consider important.

thats many problems at once, you can try to refresh again perhaps best factory settings