How can I fix my Micro SD card that’s no longer detected?

Anonymous July 1, 2013

So i have had this Micro SD card for 5 years (4GB) and after formatting it and reusing it, it seemed to have crashed my phone and since then hasn’t been able to be read anywhere,
tried programs to reformat drives – nothing
tried changing the drive letter – nothing

Its not being read at all, plugged it into all USB slots via conntector – nothing
tried placing it into the direct slot on the from of my computer – nothing

is there any way to fix this at all? :\

1. Lisa Santika O

Is it detected in Linux? Try Hovsep's suggestion. Still not finding your memory card? Well then, it's time to buy a new one.

2. Alan W

The cost of SD cards is so low why not just buy a new one? It is possible that it has just worn out, they dont last forever.

if it is not detected then you can do nothing, unless to send to companies for help, they will charge you if you want to recover files.

1) go to run and type cmd, right click on it and choose run as administrator
    2) on the black screen type: diskpart and hit enter
    3) type: list disk and hit enter
    do you see your memory card?

4. Brian D

Depending what size it is you can either buy an adapter to plug into your pc but I am pretty sure you need to format it. This will make it accessible to the device your using it in.