How can I fix Microsoft Office 2010 Outlook and recover lost emails?

penny reed February 22, 2013

Is there any way to get my Microsoft Office 2010 Outlook able to be accessed and used as my email program again? I think I stuffed up the settings and now get asked for Exchange sever info and name.

This has been going on for quite a while. I’ve tried doing a OneKey restore on Lenovo laptop; I’ve tried reinstalling files etc. from my Norton backup, I’ve even tried re-installing Office 2010 complete.

All other Office programs work, only Outlook doesn’t. It asks for Exchange sever name and user name. I have a feeling this is where I went wrong at some time while trying to fix it. I did receive a test email from Microsoft team on 15th Feb, so must have had it right at some time.

I have lost most of my emails, files folders from before Jan 5. I volunteer with a charity M.E/CFS from which I suffer. It is mostly their emails I’ve lost. It is the Charity’s Laptop. I feel as guilty as I can be and have wept buckets and exhausted myself.

Optus, one of my email accounts, can’t help, neither can Norton, and to their credit Norton did try. I’m a novice and because of my illness find it hard to understand instructions that are not simple. I really don’t want to reinstall Office again, but I do have an Office 2007 disc here, not sure of how many licenses left on it Please help!