How can I fix memory card files that were turned into shortcuts?

Nadz L September 26, 2013

Yesterday, I connected my mobile to my PC for games transfer but now all the folders in my phone, which were stored in the memory card have turned into .lnk shortcut files.  I can’t open it on my phone same likes others problems.  Please help me to solve my problem thank you.

Mobile files folder turned into “lnk shortcut files”? I can’t open it on my phone, but it still more space.

Also,do the actions mentioned in the below link to fix the files -

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/18112-file-associations-corrupted-how-to-fix

Run a full antivirus scan on your memory card and your PC. If this does not sort it, download Malwarebytes Free (from malwarebytes.org) and scan again. This should remove the virus and correct the damage.

3. Phill D

Due to Virus infection all files and folders are converted into shortcuts; use an effective anti virus programs, your files and data will be repaired.

1. Go to control Panel, Folder Options- select VIEW- select Show hidden
    files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files  click APPLY
    2. go to your memory card and  delete the virus and all the shortcut folders that have
    no data in them. create new folders identical to non infected hidden folders and copy the data from YOUR hidden folders into them. once that is done delete the old hidden folders.
    3.backup your files to your desktop
    4. go to control panel, Folder options select view- select DO
    NOT show hidden files and folders and recheck Hide protected operating system
    files.
    5.copy your files to your memorycard