How can I fix infinite bookmarks in Google Chrome?

Bruce Genari April 11, 2013

I bookmarked a website in Google Chrome. When I clicked to see more bookmarks and go to that page, Chrome lagged and the whole thing froze. I waited a minute and I saw loads of the same bookmarked pages.

I tried to un-bookmark it. Without thinking, I went on the page and clicked the yellow star. Then I remembered and went to the bookmark manager.

It has been like that for a few weeks. I’ve tried CTRL+A and all the stuff like that. It won’t delete! Then I tried uninstalling Chrome two times. Today it just re-synced my bookmarks, even after un-cheking the box that said to sync it.

Getting real tired of Google Chrome’s sh*t. It’s lagging the browser, I can’t even watch videos in 360p sometimes. Please help!

1. Chinmay Sarupria

I think the first thing you should do is go into the Bookmark Manager (in the menu, under "bookmarks"), and delete all the superfluous copies of the bookmarks, then quit Chrome, restart it and see if the problem persists.
    If you can't get into the bookmark manager because Chrome is too busy sync'ing, disconnect your machine temporarily from the internet and try again.
    If this doesn't solve the problem, go to http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=1181420&topic=1693469&ctx=topic and follow the instructions under the heading "The spinning circle doesn't stop".

uninstall again chrome try to scan pc with adaware free version, malwarebytes anti malware...then sync again bookmarks.