How can I fix a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus that randomly shuts off and can only be turned back on by performing a factory reset?

Joey Silverman June 8, 2013

I don’t know what to do anymore. This has happened two times in a row.

I was downloading the game Blitz Bregade, the game made by Gameloft. I was downloading the extra download stuff that it makes you download to be able to play. I left it at that screen and put it to the lock screen and placed it on a table. Then I noticed something weird 3 minutes later. The tab shut off and was trying to reboot for some odd reason.

I held the power button for 10 secs 5-6 times, but even through I REALLY didn’t want to, I wiped the tab and it started working! The screen was stuck on where it says the name of the device, i.e. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus.

I’ve gotten so fusterated over this that if it does it again, the tablet is going to meet the wall. Could someone who’s had this problem please tell me how to fix in case it decides to do this again? If the solution includes using a PC I won’t be able to cause my PC is broken. :(

1. ade

how does one use odin to restore it clean???

2. Henree Arriola de Garcia

Use ODIN to restore it clean.
    It has worked wonders for me.

• ade

how does one go about that???

3. Kay Fritz

I´m pretty sure there is no solution to your problem, that sounds like a serious issue and I would contact your dealer. Since it´s a tablet, you can´t just try another battery, and I don´t think it´s a software issue.

4. Harshit J

Your only hope is to get it repaired at the customer care center as you don't have a PC to flash a custom ROM on it.

5. Rahul Yadav

Update your Tab plus to Android Jelly Bean if you have access to Wi-Fi or a reliable data plan. That solves major issues in nearly every case. Don't forget to backup your essential data.

• null

Theres a problem with doing that... I live in Canada and Samsung didnt realease the update in Canada.... Only in the US

• Harshit J

How would he upgrade when he cannot boot into the OS and has a broken PC?