How can I fix a laptop touchpad that doesn’t work anymore?
Question by Sondra /

I have an Acer laptop and my touchpad will not work. My cat sat on the keyboard, now it won’t work. Tried the FN F7 and that did not work. Help!

• Duy Nguyen Minh

you find and remove old driver Touchpad and setup again. Fn key didnt work you try to setup again.

• Jim Chambers

Please respond if ha14’s answer solved your problem or click on your resolved button.

ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE POWER SUPPLY BUTTON, the OPPOSITE side of the NET ON/OFF BUTTON there is also another button with a small draw of a hand over some square surface…

IF YOUR TOUCHPAD DOES NOT WORK, AND THE LIGHT ON THE LEFT HANDSIDE OF THE ON/OFF BUTTON OF YOUR ACER LAPTOP IS ON, IT MEANS YOU HAVE ACCIDENTALLY PUSHED THE TOUCHPAD OFF BUTTON, JUST PUSH THIS BUTTON AGAIN ONCE (the one on the left of the PC ON/OFF button) IN ORDER TO MAKE THE LIGHT OFF, AND YOUR TOUCHPAD
    WILL SUDDENLY REVIVE.
    http://www.pcguide.com/vb/showthread.php?t=41609&page=3

Remove the keyboard on Acer with screwdriver then replug

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

This is the best solution.
      Your touchpad is most likely okay, just accidentally turned off.