How can I find out who has access to my email and who is harassing me?

Karen Brown April 20, 2013

I have sent emails to a live.co.uk friends email address, someone in return has these emails and is forwarding them to my circles. They are harassing me through my email as well. How can I find out who this person is? Is there a way? They are stating they will come see me next week… and listing the city I live in.

A little frightened…

1. Andrea Marino

Contact the email provider and change your password. I know from experience that it very difficult to track down the person that hacked your account.

You mean to say that some people(bad hackers) gained access to your email account and played with the email that you send to live.co.uk people and that email is circulated among your friends.They threatened you that they will meet with you on your home and has also broadcasted you location to everyone.

For knowing this,you must have access to your email i.e. you can read your emails.So,you have to just change your password an security questions to stronger ones and enable two factor authentication so as to prevent those ad people.If this doesn't solve your problem,then transfer all your mails to your new account you wish to create.

well the last option will be create a new email account and transfer your emails to your new account and shutdown the account that receives the spam.

4. Chris Marcoe

You should talk to your provider. And the provider the mails are coming from. that is the place i would start at.

5. Harshit J

Please explain completely for us to understand the situation. You could also ask your friends from what email address are they getting the spam mails and report it to police if anything wrong gets happened.

I'm afraid I don't understand exactly what has happened. Those emails that you sent, were they sent to someone else, or to an address you own? Are you suspecting someone has hacked into your email account, or that they intercepted the message en-route, or perhaps hacked the recipient's account? When you say they are "harassing you through your email", do you mean that they are sending you harassing emails, or that they log onto your email and harass you in that way?
    There are things you may be able to do (for example, you may be able to pin down the IP address they're using), but we'd need much more detailed information to help you.

• Karen

The emails I sent to a live.co.uk address were either intercepted or hacked. In return this person at a hotmail.co.uk address has forwarded information & pics to my circle of friends. I have a gmail address in the states.

When I state they are harassing me, I am receiving emails from this person. Very vulgar as well as my friends. I have my gmail on private, I do not know how to pin down the IP address to see where or who they are.

Now I am being told I will see them this week anyway..??

Visit the link below to know how to know the location of sender -

http://www.labnol.org/internet/find-location-of-gmail-sender/21098/