How can I find drivers for an old printer?

Karlyn K June 20, 2013

Was given a Muratec MFX 1300 printer, but don’t know whether I can use it with my computers at home or not. We have a variety of different brands that operate on their own systems.

1. Betty Beck

You can sometimes go to the brands website and download the driver right off of their download page.

2. Jaypee Cruz

google's the best..type in the search bar the printer's make + model + OS support you are looking for :))

According to the Muratec web site (http://www.muratec.com/new/products/configuration.asp?c=19&level=1&s=7&ul=0) the printer is Linux-compatible, so you should be able to download drivers from there. Also, there appears to be a PCL & Network option for it. If this is installed, you should be able to use any PCL driver (I'd try a PCL 5 driver, such as for an old HP laser printer).

4. dragonmouth

Sorry, I hit POST too soon by mistake.

Some of these sites will let you download the driver for free, some may charge you a small fee. At some sites there may be a free registration.