How can I erase my deleted messages in Outlook’s from history?

lct1971 May 14, 2013

I keep getting message to say my inbox is full and cannot receive any more. I can’t access my history to clear all from my PC. All I would like is to access and clear all messages that have been sent from “deleted from inbox”.

1. Kay Fritz

The Message is definetly from your outlook server, so either delete a lot of stuff, or create a local directory on your harddrive and move all the messages there (Could take some time!) After that you should be good to go again, and you still can access all your messages.

The message is most likely from the email server, rather than from the Outlook client (outlook would warn you about PST file size, not about the inbox as such). However, to help you, we'd need to know what kind of server it is: Microsoft Exchange, POP, IMAP?

Outlook has a HUGE limit for the amount of email that can be in your inbox, so the message is most likely not from Outlook itself, but from the server. This would seem to indicate that your email profile is configured to let your email remain on the server after it has been retrieved by Outlook. The easiest way to remedy this is to change the configuration options for the affected email account so that it deletes messages from the server after they have been downloaded. How you go about doing this varies depending on the version of Outlook that you are using. I am not running a Windows machine at the moment, but I think there is also an option to delete messages from the server when you delete them from the local inbox as well, but if you are using a POP account (the most likely scenario since IMAP accounts will automatically keep the inbox folders synced), there is no easy way to sync things up once you hit this point. If you have webmail access to the account as well, you can also log in using your web browser and delete any unwanted messages from there server with your email provider's web interface.

which outlook you have?

Tips For Cleaning Up Your Mailbox
    http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/cleanmailbox.htm

Outlook 2010: Mailbox Full
    http://www.inetdaemon.com/technology/outlook-2010-mailbox-full/