How can I enabled zoom within apps on Android 2.3?

ghaith elqasem April 10, 2013

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus with Android 2.3.

I want to zoom on text in apps like Facebook and Skype IM to make it larger. However, this is not always available. Is there anything I can use to help me?

I found an app: font scaler that works very fine. However, text in Skype IM is still small. Please help.

1. ghaith elqasem

Strange!! I saw the facebook apps article and I actually started using one of them. please advise which app are you using for facebook ?

2. ghaith elqasem

Thank you for your answers; I tried using magnifying softwares however most do not work for skype and facebook where "pnch" does not work.
    however i found one which looks romising and i am testing it now it is called: big font

• Chris Marcoe

Sorry to hear that. you would think, being the same OS, the different features would work the same across different platforms. But, obviously, this isn't true.

The "pinch" or 2 finger resizing (I can't recall the real name) works on my LG in Facebook. Not sure why it wouldn't work in yours. Or, if it is specifically Facebook, there was an article yesterday about alternatives for Facebook. But, that doesn't really help with Skype IM.

try some magnifying glass software

Magnify Reader
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linewall.magnify&

4. Chris Marcoe

If you normally hold your phone in portrait (vertical) orientation, you can try to hold it landscape. That should make everything bigger. Otherwise, pinch doesn't work within the apps?