How can I enable the new Facebook chat?
Question by Joseph Gorman /

As many bad reviews as the new Facebook chat has gotten, I would rather have my chat in the sidebar. Trouble is, I don’t get the option to put it there. I do get video chat and the new chatbox design, but no sidebar.

I’m running my 13″ MBP at maximum resolution (1280×800) using the latest Chrome beta (13.0.782.41) with the Chrome window maximized, but it still doesn’t show up. My dad uses the same model MBP, but a different physical machine with his Chrome window in a narrower configuration, but gets the sidebar. What gives?

PS. The contact form doesn’t accept .us domains in the email field…

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged ; or ask your own question.

• asdf

try pressing CNTRL and + sign at the same time,
    if that doesnt work, go back by pressing CNTRL and – sign.

• Kogie Maistry

How do I enable my chat settings it seems to have disappeared and giving me the side bar

• Susendeep Dutta

Click on the side bar below and you will get traditional chat look.

I am not sure what does different physical machine means, but it seems like sidebar/ticker is not available on some laptops, i realized this when using Hp mini, I tried to change resolutions but could not get sidebar on any resolution.

• Devil_pandya

This chat will be enabled only for users with at least 200 friends.

This is what you need to do to activate it:

1 – Become a Fan
    2 – Invite at least 200 friends and click on “Send invitations”3 – Send a text message from your mobile typing “TAT CHAT” to the number: 84684IF
    AT LEAST 100 OF YOUR FRIENDS BECOME FAN, within 48 hours we will send