How can I efficiently print unique greeting cards with names using Publisher 2010?

Antonio Velázquez December 21, 2012

I want to make some greeting cards for some friends, but i would like that each card say something like “Dear [insert name here]” and each card would have a diferent name. These cards would be the size of a business card, so I would print several of them on one Letter sized paper.

I was wondering if there was an option to make this easier, meaning, I create the basic layout of the greeting card and leave an empty field in “Dear [name]”, and then create a list of names I want to see printed or something like that. Instead of opening a new Letter sized paper, and insert several times the card, and then change the name in each one!

I am new to Publisher, but i guess it should have an option like that since it is supposed to be good software for this. If you know another software for the job, please, recommend it!

Thanks.

Create a mail merge
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher-help/create-a-mail-merge-HP001233050.aspx

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/officeversion_other-office_other/printing-multiple-postcards-with-publisher-using/fe403132-0617-4b2a-8768-85f4998dac4b
    To print multiple addresses per sheet,You can try the following steps:

First Create the merged publication: In the Mail Merge task pane, under Create merged publications, you can:

Preview your merged publication (to see how it will look before you print all versions and to resolve potential issues)

Print your merged publication > Click Print.

In the Print dialog box, select the options that you want, and then click OK.

Important To print different sets of merge data — for example, different names and addresses — on each sheet of paper, click Multiple pages per sheet in the Printing options section. If you choose Multiple copies per sheet, each sheet of paper will contain multiple copies of the same data.

2. Douglas Mutay

Yes you can! Just use the Mail merge option. After your card is ready, go to Tool, Mailing and catalogs and select Mail merge. You will have to make a new list of your friend using the wizard and Publisher will save it in Access format. From there, just follow the step and voila!