How can I edit CSS in Google Chrome?

Zhong Jiang November 18, 2012

Following from my previous request about Chrome not displaying the site “profile-block” correctly, I’ve used a different approach using “Inspect Element”. Apparently when I remove width from the style sheet, the result solves my issue. However I’m not able to make a permanent changes whenever reloading. The Source tab is unable to load the “makeuseof” site, no codes were evident even though it was displayed on the “element” tab.

So how do I make persistent changes to CSS?

1. Sashritha Peiris

save the page as HTML and then edit it using a web page making app.

2. Joel Jacob
  3. Jeremiah Iliffe

A brilliant extension called stylebot is available in the chrome web store

4. josemon maliakal

stylebot is good for that ..but i think it's a bad practice to edit css in such a way

5. Callum Cockburn

Firebug is a really good app for veiwing code in several languages. Dont know if you can edit, but is still a usefull tool

• Zhong Jiang

I've visited upon those websites before creating this question, thanks for your research though.But if you can find out why the Sources tab is not correctly identifying the website: "makeuseof", then it will be very helpful.

6. Rob Hindle

Install the Web Developer add in, click the gear wheel icon, select the CSS tab, click Edit CSS

• Zhong Jiang

Thanks, it's a great tool for this situation but I would prefer to edit site on the "Sources" panel without the need to install an extension.

Stylebot is a Google Chrome extension that allows you to quickly create and save persistent custom CSS for sites.

Web Developper Extension