How can I donate Anonymous computer equipment?

Richard Weeden May 26, 2013

Suppose, for example, I wanted to donate $50,000 worth of computer equipment, or even just $50,000 to a certain hacktivist collective. Now, I know the whole point is that there is no leader, council, or directive board, but is there like a large-ish node of some sort where I can just drop it off, or wire the money?

Hypothetically, of course.

1. Scott Kupferman

Be sure to sanitize your hard drive using something like Dariks Boot and Nuke Disk before you give your hardware away.

http://www.dban.org/

2. Jay H

Send it to Moi!
    I would gladly accept this generous donation...
    ;}

• mike

No ! No ! Give it to me. I will give it anonymously to the Anonymous group and give you an Anonymous receipt that you can claim anonymously on your income tax. I guarantee complete anonymity.

3. Justin Pot

I can say with some confidence that, if you want to donate hardware to Anonymous, MakeUseOf is probably not the ideal place to start your quest. :)

You could join a hacktivist group and offer them the money!

Nonprofit recycling and Reuse Network
    http://www.recycles.org/

perhaps your city council can inform you if there is something available near you

From the way the additional info is laid out, I believe he wants to donate to Anonymous, not donate equipement anonymously. Although if OP wants to do the latter, I could really use a large NAS server (minimum of 45TB of mirrored storage), a 24-port gigabit switch, and 3 servers to set up a Xen cluster.

hope you will get it, if this is what Richard Weeden wants to do by donating computer equipment, although shipping will be on you:)