How can I display posts related to content a person is searching for on my WordPress site?

Joel Jacob April 21, 2013

Please, help me to display post related to content a person searching or a post he is reading without a plugin in themes like genesis, catalyst or thesis .

1. Ahmad Almahasneh

you may insert the related posts code inside your search.php template

Given that you would need something that indexes your content and identifies the user intent, that would be impossible without a plugin. Furthermore, a large majority of search visits are now hidden for privacy, so displaying something on search query is impossible. Displaying related posts to the current one is quite easy though, using something like http://www.nrelate.com

• Justin Pot

I have to say I also know of nothing quite like what you're describing. And you can trust this guy: he maintains MakeUseOf for a living, alongside other blogs. If there was a way to do this, he'd know.

And the other hand, people who listen to our podcast know I love it when James is proven wrong...and when I'm proven wrong for that matter. So I'm not going to complain if some genius points out a working method...