How can I directly import Sky Drive documents into Google Drive?

Douglas Mutay November 14, 2012

I am currently using Google Drive for backup of my document and important stuff. Before that I had windows Sky Drive but decided to not use it anymore…
Is there any way I can import all my documents from my Sky Drive account to Google drive directly from one service to another without having to save them in my PC?
I have look everywhere in Google drive but didn’t find that option. So if there is another service offering online backup that can import these data , I’ll be happy to give it a try. Thanks

1. Anish Parameshwaran

Try creating an IFTTT (If This Then That) recipe that will say that if something is uploaded to SkyDrive, it will immediately upload to Google Drive.

2. Terafall
  3. Chew Jian Yue

A easy way is to download the file from skydrive and upload it again on google drive.

4. Lisa Santika Onggrid

There are some services you might want to check, such as Otixo or MultiMe that allow you to move your data back and forth between your online storage accounts.

Just realised that both Skydrive and Google drive has a client software for Windows, which automatically syncs with their cloud storage, therefore you can always drag and drop the documents between the clients to get it synced with the cloud storage you want.

Use Backup Box service and follow the steps mentioned in the link below -

http://www.wikihow.com/Transfer-Files-Between-Google-Drive-and-Microsoft-Skydrive-Using-Backup-Box

• Douglas Mutay

Thank you very much Susendeep. I have registered an account at https://mybackupbox.com/ and did the transfer with just a few click.It's all done now. I am so grateful for the tip!!! Thank You

8. Boni Oloff

I think there is no way to do that, since both service using different format. Even you can save Google Docs to Office Document, it is still different and you need to convert them first.

Drag and drop or copy/paste from Sky Drive folder to Google Drive folder

• Sean A

I have to agree with you this seems like the only way to do it. There is no simple wizard or such that can accomplish this. It shouldn't be hard to drag and drop.