How can I delete a user guest account on Windows 7 if the CMD prompt doesn’t want to delete it?

Anonymous September 13, 2013

I  have two user accounts on my laptop, 1 an administrator and then a password protected guest user, how do I delete the guest user if the CMD prompt and the user accounts under control panel does not want to remove it ?

It's not clear from your question whether the "guest account" was the one built-into Windows or one you created yourself. The built-in account cannot be deleted (and the folder can't be removed altogether). However, it can be disabled, as explained in http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/turn-the-guest-account-on-or-off .

I am not sure why you cannot delete the guest account but then again, you shouldn't do it in the first place.

The predefined guest account is part of the operating system structure just like the built-in Administrator. Both should be disabled for security reasons and left alone like any other integral part of the OS.

The only accounts you should actively be using are the first user account you created during the initial Windows setup (which automatically is part of the administration group) and any other user you created later on.

You can manage the settings of the predefined accounts by going into Control Panel > System and Security > Management and open"Computer Management"
    navigate to Local Users and Group, double-click either and make sure both are disabled and the password is set to never expire

3. Alan W

Have you tried removing the password then while in your Admin account deling or in-activating the Guest account?

You are a little vague with the details as to what you are/have done to in-activate the account.

perhaps you can use live cd to do what you want
    PC Login Now
    http://www.pcloginnow.com/