How can I delete a spam Facebook account?

Eric Paul December 27, 2012

I’m not too sure of when the spam Facebook account came into existence. But all I need to know is how to erase this spam Facebook account. Please help me.

1. Amit Sinha

You can delete only that account you know login name and password, Spams account created by other can't be deleted by anyone, but you can write to facebook spam team

2. Micheal

just report this to facebook.

3. Eric Paul

I was able to resolve the problem of the spam facebook account. I was able to find the password and had the account erased. Thanks for publishing my question.

• Ashwin Ramesh

It would be great if you could click on "Resolve" if you feel your question has been answered :)

I was able to resolve the problem Ashwin. I was able to retrieve the Persons IP address from their computer.

4. Yiz Borol

Please clarify your question: are you trying to delete an account you created? Remove a spam friend?

For the latter you can just unfriend and to keep them from bothering you in the future block them.

To Delete an account takes a little more time: Go here and follow the instructions: https://www.facebook.com/help/224562897555674

It will take up to 14 days completely remove the account completely

• Eric Paul

It wasn't a friend Yiz who made the account.I found out through an E-mail that was sent to me of the person's IP address. Now the only problem I have is to find his physical address.

How to Report Spam Profiles on Facebook
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jvmanna/2283253370/
    When you observe a suspicious friend request, check them out. If they are indeed a fake profile used for spam, be sure to go back to your friend request and click on "Report this Person." and fill out the form just as I have illustrated above.

Report a Violation
    http://www.facebook.com/help/263149623790594/

6. Ashwin Ramesh

You can only "Report" a spam facebook account to Facebook. Your question is unclear too. Who created the spam account? Do you mean to say that your account is hacked?

• Lisa Santika Onggrid

Ashwin's right. This question needs more details.
      If the asker meant random spam account, then Eric, it's more or less just report and ask your friends to report as well. If it's someone impersonating you, you might be required to prove you're the 'real one'.

• Eric Paul

Yes my account was hacked. but I was able to find out the password and delete the account. Thanx