How can I create an ident-style video for my YouTube channel using only software?

shaurya gupta January 30, 2013

Hi, I wanna create professional looking video using only software and not camera. I just want use the logo of my YouTube channel in it but must look very professional. I want to use this video in every video of my YouTube channel just like a trailer.

1. Lisa Santika Onggrid

I'm sorry to say I'm not very familiar with the term ident style, but if what I know is correct, you can achieve them with Blender or Adobe Aftereffects (if you already have the creative suite, of course. Too expensive for hobby videos). Once you get yourself comfortable with Blender, it can do some neat tricks.

• Yiz Borol

This.

Basically to do those neat animated intros you need to be good at using some sort of animation software, Blender is a great one (especially because it's free). Then it just comes down to deciding on how you want it to look and making it so.

There are a ton of tutorials about blender on youtube :) so you can mess around, though I find that if I set a specific goal, like: make words explode, or walking cellphone then I have an easier time learning.