How can I convert a wireless mouse to wired?

Dhaval P October 31, 2013

I have a wireless mouse but unfortunately I misplaced its dongle (receiver).  My mouse is working perfectly but without the dongle I can not connect it to my computer.
Is there a way to convert this mouse to a wired (USB mouse) or to make the dongle (a circuit diagram, etc.). Please help me.

Thank you.

As Bruce and Hovsep say, it's not practical to convert a mouse. A cordless mouse will not have a wired interface that you can simply solder. You will basically need to re-engineer the mouse, and that's not practical, and certainly not cheaper than buying a new mouse.

well it takes some work (if transformation is success?) and if your mouse it is not expensive one then best to buy a new wired mouse.
    you have to take it apart, find the bluetooth board, disconnect the input, then buy a USB board, solder the input to there without damaging the mouse, and use your magic spell words to make it work. Another approach would to keep the bluetooth functionality, and wire a usb cable's power wires into the battery compartment with a regulator or appropriate resistor. Then you need the appropriate driver so that windows recognize the mouse?

The best solution if you cannot find the dongle is to buy another mouse (wired or wireless). To convert to wired, you would end up needing tools far more expensive than a new mouse. Take a look at the size of the solder joints where you would need to tap in (if possible) on a wireless mouse today. In most cases, almost all of the circuitry would be on-chip and you couldn't tap it if you wanted to. Building your own version of the dongle would most likely be more expensive as well.